Happy New Year!
This wraps up my 5th year of blogging, and Rex and the Bass is still a labor of love (and ego). I appreciate the support of my readers, and I read all of the comments that you post on this site. If nobody looked at these pages, I would lose motivation and move on to something else.
2014 had a few milestones: the blog is rapidly approaching its 700th post, and Rex and the Bass surpassed 600,000 hits. Wow!
The side project of a blog has led to a few other side projects – writing gigs for Blues Blast Magazine and Chicago Blues Guide. Many thanks to their editors for having faith in me! Also, I have been getting so many CD submissions from artists that I started a blog just for music reviews, so if you want your music reviewed, feel free to mail me a copy of your work. And lastly, I started a blog detailing my travails with going back to graduate school.
As always, here is a list of the top ten most read posts of all time for Rex and the Bass:
1. Apple A1121 iPod Hi-fi
2. Fender Jazz Bass Special Re-issue
3. Crystal Castles (2010) Album Review
4. Philip Kubicki Factor Basses
5. Memory Lane: Pulp Fiction Soundtrack
6. Art and Lutherie Ami Cedar Parlour Acoustic Guitar
7. Little Dot Mark III Headphone Amplifier Review
8. Honda EU2000i Portable Generator Review
9. 1970s Ibanez Les Paul Custom Guitar Review
10. Hapa-haole Songs
I have always said that I would stop writing this blog when it is no longer fun. Well, I am not there yet, so I look forward to another year of sharing with you!